Question

How to use ACF value in zap sharing to social

• 4 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create a zap that shares a new post to Facebook. For the post message I want to use the value of an ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) value (Ex. social_meda_content) from the post to be shared.  Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SignalSEO, welcome to the community!

Could you share more about what you’d like the Zap to do? For example, are you sharing a post to a Facebook group or page? Also, please could you let us know where the information for the post message is coming from? What’s the trigger of your Zap? 

With that extra information we can start taking a look at your Zap with you :)

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers thanks…

I’m trying to set up a zap for when a new post is published in wordpress, that post is shared to my Facebook page.  This part is working.  The issue I’m having is the content the Facebook post message.  Currently, I’m just using the yoast meta description field.  What I would like to figure out is how to use a custom field, specifically an Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) value.  I have not been able to figure out how to get access to the ACF values from zapier.  

here are screenshots of the current zap

The Trigger

The Action

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SignalSEO,

Please note that the integration was designed for the base WordPress and may not be aware of fields or data added by third-party plugins. However, we offer a developer platform to all Zapier users, and you can encourage the plugin creator to add their plugin to Zapier if they have an API. In most cases, app developers build their own integrations on Zapier.

If you're interested, here's more information on how new services typically get added to Zapier: https://zapier.com/help/getting-new-service-zapier/.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.