Skip to main content

Hi there !

I’m currently building a Zap where I have to update a certain object whenever an event message comes from a WebSocket.

Is the process to connect a WebSocket feasible in Zapier ? If so, how should I build this ?

Thanks !

Hi @BPAL,

Zapier doesn’t directly support WebSockets, but you can achieve similar functionality using Webhooks. Webhooks allow you to send and receive data to and from Zapier, which can be used to mimic WebSocket behavior. I hope this answers your query. Thanks.

Hi @BPAL,

Zapier doesn’t directly support WebSockets, but you can achieve similar functionality using Webhooks. Webhooks allow you to send and receive data to and from Zapier, which can be used to mimic WebSocket behavior. I hope this answers your query. Thanks.

Hi @JammerS , thanks for your answer !

The issue is that webhooks are not available in my use case (catch an event when a price is updated in Mews PMS : https://mews-systems.gitbook.io/connector-api/websockets).

Thanks !

Hi there @BPAL 👋

Looking at the API documentation for Mews they have a ResourceUpdated webhook event which would trigger when a change is made to the fields or properties for a resource entity. So I’d have thought that should allow you to trigger a Zap when a resource entity’s price field/property is updated. 

If that’s the case then you could use Webhooks subscribe a Zap to those “ResourceUpdated” events to get it to trigger when an update it made. Check out our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide to learn more about how to do that. 

I’d also suggest reaching out to our Support team here to put in a new feature request for the ability to trigger a Zap when a price is updated in Mews. That’ll help to flag the need for that type of trigger to the developers of the Mews app so they can get working on it! 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have further questions do let us know. 🙂