Best answer

How to Update the List of File Names Uploaded in Onedrive When the Folder Has Multiple Subfolders?

• 3 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post will be related to my previous post about creating a list of updated file names from files uploaded on google drive and onedrive that you find here

As I have not suceeded with google drive because of the reasons you find here , I moved my attention to onedrive and built the zap you will see below. 

The problem is that :

1- if the folder contains many client folders, it does not trigger when the file is uploaded into my customers folders. This is super annoying because the entire point was to create a folder with many subfolders each for each customer of mine and than create a master list of file names uploaded. Is there anything that could be done ?

2- I tried to reproduce the zap in a computer in a different country, namely Italy, and the field “parent reference name” disappeared from the list of fields available, making the zap not useful. what can be done? that account had the lowest payed plan. I have a more expensive plan on my account.

Here are the Zap details:

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 5 May 2021, 10:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Paolon 

Unfortunately, Zapier will only trigger on new files placed *directly* inside the folder you select from the “Folder” dropdown.

It won’t be able to trigger on any files in sub folders.

You’d need to create an individual zap for each sub folder.