Best answer

How to update Salesforce records to "In Progress" when Jira "Open Sprint" begins?

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a number of Zaps connecting Salesforce and Jira. The records are 1:1.

When a Sprint begins in Jira, meaning it becomes the Open Sprint, I want to update all related Salesforce records to “In Progress”. 

Does Zapier support this type of trigger on change to Open Sprint? How? 

If not, is there a work around?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 July 2023, 07:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @LindaS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please show the “Action” section of your action step. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi Ken.

Right now I have no Zap configured because I cannot figure out where to start. 

When I create a Zap for Jira, the options are these:

These are issue based. 

I am looking for something sprint based. 

Sprint 1 starts tomorrow, so tomorrow when sprint 1 becomes the active sprint, then all issues would be in the active sprint, and so I would want to trigger a Zap to update the Salesforce records associated with these Jira tickets to say “In Progress”. 

I can see the Issue’s field (its a custom field) where the state = future or active. 

I guess my question is, when the sprint becomes active, will all of the issues update so that they all become state = active and so the zap will fire off the updates to Salesforce? Or is there another way to make this happen? 

Thank you.

I am adding that I tested doing it this way….

An issue is updated and continue only if it is active Sprint  (screenshot below) 

Then I activated a sprint 

Nothing happened

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LindaS,

Thanks for the additional details and screenshots.

I was able to dig deeper into this, and it seems like the Jira Software Cloud integration is not possible to trigger on Sprint at the moment. We do have an open feature request for the “New or Updated Sprint” trigger, and I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you might want to reach out to one of our certified Zapier Experts so that they can create a custom integration on your behalf (as long as the API allows it). You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps.