Question

How To: Update row in Google Sheet once a label is added to an email

Hello,

I am trying to add to my already existing zap the following:
Once an email is labeled with a special label this will trigger automation or continue an already existing zap.

The newly labeled email should update a sheet to mark the job as already done.

Here is where I am stuck:

1. A newly labeled email is a trigger, each zap has one trigger.
  1. Then I read about the sub-zaps, but the issue is a sub-zap is a trigger on its own so I cannot add for it to detect a newly labeled email.

Ideally, I would like the newly labeled email to continue an already existing zap as that zap is already familiar with the sheet so it can update only one cell in each row, not the entire row.

Is there a way to do that?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MYP 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure we’re on the same page, could you kindly send screenshots of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your reply. Please see a screenshot below of the zap progress this far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @MYP !

Hoping in to see if I can be of assistance. Have you considered using Paths by Zapier? That way you can use a conditional logic workflow to filter by label on the email, and continue on the rest of your Zap from there. Let me know if I’m on the right track with this, happy to come back and continue troubleshooting!