Question

How to update Notion database of Twitter followers ranking automatically every day

• 24 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to create a ranking of the number of Twitter followers in Notion database and have it automatically updated every day.

Let's say I have a list of Twitter user IDs of CEOs of tech companies in Notion. Is it possible to get the ID from the first row of the database, get the current number of Twitter followers, update the column and repeat that from the top to the bottom of the database?

If it’ impossible to do that with Notion, how about Google sheets or something?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Toru 

I’m not sure what you want to achieve for this Zap but to help you further on this and be able to suggest workarounds, do you have a specific use case that I could help out with? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible, so thank you in advance!

I want to make sure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Toru 

Good question.

Here’s a possible solution…

Use Airtable as your database.

Airtable has Views.

Views can be sorted.

Views can have filters. (e.g. Field X = Y)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

You can configure logic to make records, move in/out of the view each day.

Zap steps

1. Trigger: Airtable - New/Updated Record
  2. Action: Twitter - Search Users
  3. Action: Airtable - Update Record
    1. Map the Record ID from Step 1

Thank you, Brem and Troy.

Below is what I want to achieve. 

Triger: Schedule by Zapier (Everyday)

Action - step 1: Get the @ID from the first row of database (‘elonmusk’ for this case)

Action - step 2: Get the number of Twitter followers of the accounts. 

Action - step 3: Update the number of Followers in database.

Aciton - step 4: repeat step 1 to 3 for sundarpichai/satyanadella.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Toru,

Thanks for the clarification! I think Troy’s suggestion is the best approach here. Have you tried it out?

Please keep us posted if it’s working or not.

Thanks! 😊