Best answer

How to update next row every time in Google Sheets

• 3 April 2023
  • 5 replies

In “Row Number” value, what should i incert for it to update one row below every time.
My Zap is connected to WIX form, after form is filled, i need Zapier to update empty row with user’s info

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 April 2023, 13:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Aidoo, welcome to the Community!

If you want the Zap to fill in the next empty row in a sheet, you need to use the Create Spreadsheet Row action rather than Update Spreadsheet Row.

One thing to remember is that the Google Sheet Row must be completely empty. For example, if there is a formula in a column the Zap will read that row as having something in it and will not treat it as an empty row. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Aidoo, welcome to the Community!

If you want the Zap to fill in the next empty row in a sheet, you need to use the Create Spreadsheet Row action rather than Update Spreadsheet Row.

One thing to remember is that the Google Sheet Row must be completely empty. For example, if there is a formula in a column the Zap will read that row as having something in it and will not treat it as an empty row. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Im using formulas in a few columns, so i need Zapier just to update some of them im row. Can i make it so it will update the empty one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Aidoo you can explore your options with this using out Filter by Zapier. 

Before moving forward, I want to make sure I am clear on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking to only update some rows under specific columns? 

Hi @Aidoo you can explore your options with this using out Filter by Zapier. 

Before moving forward, I want to make sure I am clear on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking to only update some rows under specific columns? 

Yes, that is right. How do i use the filter in this case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Aidoo I haven’t yet tested this myself, but my approach to it would be the following. 

Choose the specific column you’d like to trigger under. 

And then map the same fields over when using the Filter Step

I’m not sure which approach you’d like to use, but choose one of the conditions, and fill in the rest of the information as pertains to the flow you’d like to set up. 

Hope this helps a bit! If not, you can always reach out to one of our experts who will be able to help you get this set up 1:1 😀