Best answer

How to update multiple rows in Google Sheets?

• 21 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

i only found a trigger to update a single row in googe sheets, i would like to update multiple rows at once since tasks from asana is moved from a section to another.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 January 2023, 06:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @zymshady 

Use this action to create multiple rows at once. Your data needs to be an array or line-items.

Userlevel 1

by that i can update multiple rows in sheets?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @zymshady

The Create Spreadsheet Row(s) action would allow you to create multiple new rows but not update multiple existing rows. There’s a feature request open for the ability to update multiple rows in Google Sheets so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t know when that feature request would be implemented by but we’ll email you as soon as it is!

In the meantime, you may be able to get around this by using Looping by Zapier to make a loop of the different rows to be updated and then inside the loop you’d add an Update Spreadsheet Row action. If you don’t know which rows need updating then you may also need to enlist the help of a Lookup Spreadsheet Row action to search for the relevant row. Then, when the Zap runs it should be able to go through each row in the loop and update it as necessary.

You can find out more about setting up loops here:

And here: Loop your Zap actions

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I wanted to pop in and let ya’ll know the “Update Spreadsheet Row(s) action” now supports updating multiple rows! 🎉

Thanks for your patience on this one and happy zapping. ⚡️