Skip to main content
Question

How to update Klaviyo profile based on Typeform survey responses in Zapier?

HI,
I have a Customer Experience Survey set up in Typeform. I’m trying to setup in Zapier the following:

Once client has submitted form
1) look up their profile in Klaviyo (they must enter their email to start survey, therefore I have that info)
2) Update a custom field with the answer to one of the survey questions (do not import any other data from any other questions.
OR...even better - if the answer to the question is X, populate the custom field with Y, if the answer to the question is W, populate the custom field with Z. 

end of tasks.

I keep getting an error message “Failed to find a profile in Klaviyo. Invalid filter provided.” And then I cannot go any further… Help! :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lorelle 

For us to have context about the error, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Attached are the screens shots of the action and then the test response (error)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lorelle 

The value passed for the Email field is not a valid email address.

That is the question where the client put their email. And the email associated to the “test” is valid and already in Klaviyo… when choosing a field for “Input Data” I see all the Typeform survey questions. I need their email, therefore I chose the question where that is the answer. Obviously I’m doing something wrong, but what?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lorelle 

Help article to reference for using Typeform in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495993033997-Common-Problems-with-Typeform

For the Email field the variable you have mapped is “Form Responses” which shows the question label and answers.

You to map a variable with a value that is only a valid email address.

Is there a video that shows how to grab the  “value” and not the question? Because I only see the form questions in the dropdown in Zapier. So far all the videos I found that describe what to do don’t apply to my scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lorelle 

Make sure to test your Typeform, then pull thru your test example in the Zap trigger “Test” using the [Find New Records] button.

You can search for @ to find the email address variable to map.

That didn’t help. This is very frustrating. There is either something that is not setup correctly or something I am not seeing (more probable). I’m usually quite good at tasks such as this. I thank you for your help, but I’m going to try and find a YouTube tutorial, because I’m continually getting the same error.

The Typeform was working fine for a few months and then we stopped it. Now we want to make it a permanent feature and connect it through Zapier to Klaviyo (because the integration does not allow us to choose only select fields to import) and it seems to be the most complicated thing! I suspect Klaviyo might be the issue.

Meanwhile I created a different Zap, that collects the answers from a different Typeform and sends them via email to a team member. And that works fine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Lorelle 👋

Just came across this thread and wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on. Were you since able to get this sorted?

If so, we’d love it if you could share some details about how you fixed this if you’ve got a few minutes to spare at all - it would be super helpful to other Community members that are running into similar issues with Typeform! 🙂

If not, it might be worth pulling a new test record from TypeForm to see if the email field always contains that “### Inscrire votre courriel.\*…” text before the email. It could just be that for some reason on that particular sample submission they accidentally pasted in that text into the email field as well. 

And if the other test record also contains that same text, could it be that the text was set as the default value or some sort of prefix value for the field? In which case I’d recommend checking the set up of that Email field in Typeform to double-check whether that’s the case. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Problem is not solved. For some reason it’s grabbing the question “Enter your email” instead of importing the information from the field “Email”. I cannot find any articles or videos about how to correct. Everyone just repeats “it’s so easy” just click from the dropdown menu which data you want imported, but my interface doesn’t even look like those in the videos or articles. Needless to say I’m quite frustrated

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lorelle,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I noticed that you’re using the “Form Responses” data from Typeform. The “Form Responses” data contains all of the form responses. What I’d recommend is to type “@” on the search field to search for the correct email data. Like so:

ced71b69a77dd7a2b1a298f8ce11e30b.png
(view larger)

After typing “@” on the search field, you should see 2 data being returned and use the correct email data.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!