Question

How to update dropship supplier inventory quantities, pricing, etc. in Shift4Shop?

• 5 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Is it possible to set up Zapier to pull inventory quantity data and pricing data from my dropship suppliers and feed it over to my shift4shop store.

Also, can it be set up to upload product listings from the suppliers website and post them onto my shift4shop store. For example, if a certain supplier has 10,000 different items available, what is the process of moving all 10000 of those products (images, descriptions, pricing, quantities, etc.) over to the shift4shop store all at one time?

I greatly appreciate your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Shoparoo 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your interest in Zapier.

It depends on the trigger app you will use for your Zap. What trigger app are you going to use?

I believe this is about e-commerce, so you may check the available e-commerce apps link: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/ecommerce.

You're right, this is for e-commerce dropshipping. 

I'm not familiar with trigger apps. Could you explain what that is please? I'm not familiar with any of this. I need a detailed explanation, step by step of how to make it work. 

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Shoparoo 

The trigger app is an app where we trigger the Zap.

Here’s a helpful guide about setting up the trigger: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288188429-Set-up-your-Zap-trigger.

I appreciate the information about zaps and apps, etc.

This still does not answer my original question:

How to update dropship supplier inventory quantities, pricing, etc. in shift4shop

I need an automatic solution to make it happen.

I have suppliers and I have a website. I need to update the suppliers inventory quantity and pricing to my website in real time.

What are the steps to make this happen using Zapier?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Shoparoo 

You’ll need a trigger step to build a Zap successfully because when you have a trigger app, we can pull data from it, such as inventory quantity, pricing, etc.

For example, if you have a Shopify store, we will know if we can get data from Shopify, such as the categories that you want to get.

So what would the trigger app for a supplier be?

One of my suppliers is Zander’s Sporting Goods for example. What is their trigger app?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Shoparoo 

The trigger app is the application where Zapier gets the data. You confirmed that you’re using an E-Commerce app. Do you have the name of the applications or website you want to use? This way we can advise you how to create the Zap.

Looking forward to your response! 😊

I use shift4shop for my website. I have several wholesale suppliers. One supplier is Zanders sprting goods. How do I connect Zanders products to my website and keep the inventory quantities and price changes updated to my website in real time? 

Also, it would be nice to automate the customer orders from my website to Zanders. 

Is all of this possible using Zapier? 

If so, how to do it step by step?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Shoparoo 

Thanks for confirming that.

So here’s how I think your Zap will be. The trigger of you Zap should be the supplier. You provided one supplier, which is Zanders Sporting Goods. Unfortunately, Zanders doesn’t have integration with Zapier yet.

The action step of the Zap will be Shift4Shop. Basically, when you create a Zap, it should look something like this:

Since you mentioned you have several suppliers, you may search them on the search bar to see if they have integration with us.

Here’s the link to Shift4Shop’s integration: https://zapier.com/apps/shift4shop/integrations

Hopefully this helps!