Question

How to update attendee check-in status for Leads generated from eventbrite in Zoho CRM

• 31 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I have created a Zap which creates a new lead every time someone registers in my eventbrite event. However, I do not know how can I create a Zap that finds the exact same lead for that event and updates it whenever that person is checked-in during the event. I cannot use the email option because there are duplicates present. So, I somehow need to correctly associate the checked-in attendee with the lead that was created for them from a different Zap.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AnimRahman!

Could I ask what app you’re using to capture leads? That’ll help us to understand if we can tweak the search to work with another field, for example if you added the eventbrite order number into a notes field. 

Thanks!

hi @Danvers ,

I have mapped the ID and Order ID fields from eventbrite to fields - ID and Order ID in my CRM. I do not know how to create the zap so that it searches and updates the record when someone checks-in.

Apps used - Eventbrite and Zoho CRM

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AnimRahman!

So, you’re right that’s it’s not possible to search for a lead in Zoho CRM using anything but the email address, but I wonder if you could make this work with the Find Module Entry action. 

I’m not 100% sure if that would work but from what I can tell Leads are considered to be a Module so you should be able to find a leads using the Find Module Entry action. And if so, you should have more options on which field you use to search. 

Could you give that a look and see if it works for you? Let us know how you get on :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m curious if you have tried an Operational Database like Airtable to see if that helps with pulling up the ID.  For example you can log the Zoho CRM ID of a lead when they are added in the CRM as well as associate it with the Eventbrite ID.  Then you could easily reference that info in a Zoho CRM step and you would not need an initial search step.

Learn more about Operational Databases

I hope this helps with your issue.