Question

Can I update or create Pardot prospects with customer journey & multi-touch attribution from LinkedIn Ads response?

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been playing around with a zap that will create or update prospects in Pardot for me.

The Trigger is: New Lead Gen Form Response in LinkedIn Ads

Action: Find Prospect in Pardot (maps back to email from LinkedIn), and create new Pardot prospect if it doesn’t exist yet (mapping all relevant fields back from LinkedIn to Pardot, including Lead Source, etc.)

I’m unsure what the first action is doing though - will it update the prospect if it does find it, and create a new one if it doesn’t? Or will it just check if there is one, and if not, create one?

Would love to be able to update the prospect for the customer journey + multi touch attribution, if possible.

Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Also, would be great to be able to add the prospect to a list for nurture emails...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Stefania,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Based on your workflow:

The Trigger is: New Lead Gen Form Response in LinkedIn Ads

Action: Find Prospect in Pardot (maps back to email from LinkedIn), and create new Pardot prospect if it doesn’t exist yet (mapping all relevant fields back from LinkedIn to Pardot, including Lead Source, etc.)

This will only create a new Pardot prospect if it doesn’t exist. If you want to update a Pardot prospect if it exists, I recommend adding the “Update Prospect” action. The Zap workflow will look like this:

1. Trigger: LinkedIn Ads (New Lead Gen Form Response)
  2. Action: Pardot (Find or Create Prospect)
  3. Action: Pardot (Update Prospect)

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊