Question

How to update ActiveCampaign contact based on the Monday.com board group?

• 5 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a board in Monday.com with several different Groups based on what program in my company a student is in. When they switch programs or renew or don’t renew they shift around the Monday board. 

I am trying to update their contact account in Activecampaign but I am consistently getting Zapier error that the “Contact isn’t found” 

Can someone help me lay out the workflow here?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Academy1 - as a first step, can you show us the way you have your Zap configured? That will help us see your set up and where you may be running into problems. 

I also have a Help Doc article on walking through getting set up with Monday, which may be worth a read : https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496052585485-How-to-Get-Started-with-monday-com-on-Zapier

Let us know and we look forward to hearing from you. -Rachael

Step 1 - within Monday, if we move a contact on the board to a different Group > Monday automatically updates a Status column

Step 2 - I only want this zap to run if it is changed to a certain Status

Step 3 - (I think this is where things go wrong based on zap runs data in/out) I am trying to collect email address from Monday of this specific contact/ line item that was moved within the Monday board

Step 4 - Tag them in activecampaign. All contacts & emails are definitely in AC AND Monday. I am consistently getting an error that the contact doesn’t exist

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Academy1 

Good question.

We will need to see more detailed screenshots with how each Zap steps is configured along with the encountered error.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Academy1,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Thanks for the screenshots!

I noticed a couple of things that might help improve your setup. First, in your monday.com action step, there's a handy "Remove these extra fields" button. I recommend clicking on that button to avoid any potential complications with your Zap. You can find more information about it here: Link to helpful article.

Secondly, regarding the ActiveCampaign step, before you can utilize the "Add/Remove Tag From Contact" step, it's important to include the "Create or Update Contact" step. This step will allow you to map the "Contact ID" field in the "Add/Remove Tag From Contact" action with the Contact ID obtained from the "Create or Update Contact" step.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊