Skip to main content
Question

How to update a Zapier Table when a HubSpot Deal is updated?

• 11 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey all,

I currently use HubSpot Deals to track all the deals I have for my business. I would like to start sending some of the deal information to Zapier Tables.

I have set up a Zapier Table and also integrated it with HubSpot so now every time a new Deal is added in HubSpot, it also automatically adds a new row in to the Zapier Table with the multiple deal properties. This table has 6 deal properties that are automatically populated including customer name, deal reference number, deal value etc.

The Zap is setup to trigger on ‘New Deal in HubSpot’ which then goes to ‘Find Record in Zapier Tables’. So if there is an existing deal in the table with the same deal reference number, then it wont add in a new row. If the deal reference number does not exist, it will then add in a new row for it.

The problem I have is, if an existing HubSpot deal is updated, for example deal value is changed from $50 to $75, it does not update in the Zapier Table.

I have found ‘New Deal Property Change in HubSpot’ as a trigger however this only checks for 1 property, whereas I have 6 properties at the moment (which will grow to around 15). Due to this, this method does not seem to work.

Does anyone know how I can setup a Zap to check for any Deals updated in HubSpot and the check if the deal exists in the Zapier Table and if it finds the Deal, it will updated the specific property that was changed in HubSpot?

Currently I can only think of using New Deal Property Change in HubSpot and I would have to create a zap for each property (will need to create 15 zaps) just to keep the information updated in the Zapier Table but this seems like a very un-efficient setup.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cloak 

You can explore using native HubSpot Automations that triggers for an updated Deal property with an action that can then be used as a Zap trigger, that way you only need 1 Zap.

e.g. changing a specific HubSpot Deal Property, that you then reset as part of a Zap

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone for your reply.

Can you expand on what you mean by using native HubSpot automations? Have you got an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cloak 

Info about HubSpot Automations: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/get-started/automate-your-processes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cloak 

In the time it may take you to figure out a workaround, you can probably configure the 6 (15) Zaps.

There is the ability to duplicate a Zap to then edit and publish.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I’ll go with the zap duplication option.