Question

How to uninstall Zapier add-on from Gmail?

• 26 September 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

I can't uninstall zapier add-on from my Gmail.

Someone please help me.

Thanks in advance. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dr.razon 

Good question.

Try opening the Zapier Add-On in Gmail, the clicking the 3 dots menu.

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried multiple times. But, it shows -

Oh no! Something went wrong

Try again in a few minutes. If this problem presists please report this issue

Userlevel 1

Hi @dr.razon 

Good question.

Try opening the Zapier Add-On in Gmail, the clicking the 3 dots menu.

Help me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dr.razon 

Did you click the 3 dots button as shown in the screenshot?

Then did you click “Manage add-on”?

Userlevel 1

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dr.razon 

You can try via your Gmail > Settings > Add-ons.

Userlevel 1

@dr.razon

You can try via your Gmail > Settings > Add-ons.

Zapier is found in the list of add on, but missing in Google Workspace Marketplace. 

Can you please share with me the link of Zapier in marketplace? I can.t find it.

Thanks for your cordial help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @dr.razon,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help.

On September 8, 2021, the Gmail Add On for Zapier was deprecated and removed from the Google Workspace Marketplace. As an alternative, we suggest you to consider using the Zapier Chrome extension.

https://zapier.com/blog/updates/2357/introducing-zapier-gmail-add-on

c1ec363bcb852fe839c7bc6382488c20.png
(view larger)

More about Zapier Chrome Extension here: https://zapier.com/l/install-chrome-extension

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi, I have this same issue. I am aware that the gmail add-on has been depreciated and removed from the Google Workspace Marketplace, and I am using the extension currently. However, I have not found a way to remove the inactive zapier icon from the right side of my Gmail window, as shown in the image.  None of the methods posted above have worked.

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. When I try to uninstall I just get an infinite spinner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Gersh and @djscruggs! 👋

Sorry to hear about the issues in removing the old Zapier for Gmail add-on. I wonder if browser caching is the cause of these issues. 🤔

Can you try clearing the cache in your web browser then check whether you’re able to see the add on and uninstall it?

And it may also be worth trying to remove the add-on from within a different web browser as well to see if that allows you to get rid of it. 

Keen to get this resolved so please keep us updated on how that goes! 

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately that didn’t work. I tried Safari, completely cleared the cache and still get the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for giving that a try @djscruggs. Sorry it didn’t work as hoped.

I did some digging online and it found a thread on Gmail’s website where there were a few different ways suggested in which folks were able to uninstall a Gmail add-on: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/5453434/i-can-not-remove-an-add-on?hl=en

One of which was to try the following:

1. In Gmail, click the Settings icon in the top right, and click Get add-on from the drop-down menu that appears.
  2. A pop-up box will appear with the Works with Gmail apps.  Click the 3 horizontal lines in the top left to get the menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click Manage Apps.
  3. Your installed Add-On should be listed. DON'T click on it! Instead, click the 3 vertical dots next to the Add-On's name, then click Remove from the drop-down menu.
  4. Wait for the pop-up confirmation screen, and click Remove app.

Which seems similar to what’s been suggested in this thread already. Another option was to try going into your web browser’s settings and remove/disable the add on that way. 

If neither of those options sort it I’d recommend reaching out to Gmail’s support team to see if they are able to remove the add on from their side. 

Keep us posted on how you get on! 🙂

Userlevel 1

When I click the Settings icon, i don’t see Get add-on. Instead I just get some basic settings and the options to show all settings. Here’s a video to show what I see

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing that video @djscruggs. I’ve been trying to hunt down some alternative solutions for this and could only find the following instructions on how to Remove a third party’s access in Google’s help documentation:

1. Make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account.
  2. View the apps & services that have access to your Google Account.
  3. Select the app or service whose access you want to remove.
  4. Under “{App name} has some access to your Google Account,” select See details.
  5. Select Remove access.

It’s a bit of a long shot, but I’m hoping that might allow you to see the Zapier add-on’s connection to your Gmail account and force it to remove the add-on that way.

Failing that, your best bet will likely be to contact Gmail’s support team to see if they are able to remove it or help to further troubleshoot from their side. Do let us know if the above is able to do the trick! 🤞

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately that didn’t work. I’ll try contacting Google. Thanks for all your attempts, @SamB 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @djscruggs. Sorry to hear it didn’t fix things either. 

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this. Eager to ensure you’re all set!