Question

How to trim MailChimp email for posting on WordPress?

I’m trying to (1) retrieve the HTML output from a new MailChimp campaign email, (2) use Zapier Formatter to clean up that HTML so that only the body of the email is left (i.e. I want to delete all the header and footer of the email), and (3) post the result to my WordPress site.

I’ve got #1 and #3 working, but in #2 I can’t figure out how to use Formatter to do what I want. Is this even possible without getting into JavaScript? Better yet, is there a smarter way to do this?

Thanks!

Daniel

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @postcarbon! Thanks for reaching out and outlining this! 
Do you mind sharing some screenshots of your Formatter setup and the subsequent output of it, with any personal details obscured? That may help the Community troubleshoot with ya. 🤗

Thanks for the quick reply! I ended up going with a simpler option, though, so now I don’t need to troubleshoot this.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @postcarbon No worries and thanks for the heads up! Curious: what was your solution/alternative option?