Best answer

How to trigger Zap when column in row is marked as “qualified”?

• 8 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Wondering if anyone has created a workflow that is triggered based on a user-inputted qualification?

This is what we are trying to achieve:

1.Squarespace used Zapier to populate a Google Sheet with a potential lead.

2.Our human team member reviews and contacts that potential lead for a phone conversation and once qualified, would click “qualified” in a column in Google Sheet

​​​​​​​3.The “qualified” column would then trigger a Zap to enter all the information in that row into a separate email.

I have looked through using both Google Sheets or Google Forms but once the data is inputted into the row, I cannot break it apart again in the Zap. Also, I cannot find a trigger that would allow the user to update just that column (instead of the row) to trigger the zap.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 9 February 2022, 14:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Recess Truck 

is it possible to see the layout of your spreadsheet? The closest i can think is to have a zap triggered with the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger with Google Sheets and set it to the specific column to watch for updates. 

You may then need a filter so it only continues for the right value. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Recess Truck 

Here’s the guide: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-sheets-on-zapier#new-or-updated-spreadsheet-row-trigger-behavior

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone, I got on to the next step which is that whenever we update anything in the Google Sheets we’d like to zap update that Google Calendar as well. I’m getting an error message, can anyone help advise please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Recess Truck , you will need to map the id of the event found in step 2 to the Event field in step 3

Userlevel 1

THANK YOU!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!