Question

How to trigger SMS group text and post-event survey from google calendar invite?

• 14 November 2021
  • 4 replies

When I set-up a date for two people in google calendar (I’m a matchmaker), I want to trigger a SMS text introduction the day before the date to introduce/connect the two people? 

Is there a way to do this?  Happy to sign-up for whatever services there are.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ShannonL 

Yes it is possible. Here’s how you can build it:

Trigger: Google calendar event start. You should have all the events name to have some unique title and put the title in the search term. As for time before you can set it to 1 day.

Action: You can use ClickSend to send out SMS easily. If you need to send SMS to the invitees then you need to specify their phone numbers in the google calendar description and use utilities>extract phone number and then assign the numbers to ClickSend action.

Thank you Robert!

I understand the first part.

On the second part, how do you extract the phone numbers - see below step where I’m not sure how to do this. (I just signed up for ClickSend) 

Action: You can use ClickSend to send out SMS easily. If you need to send SMS to the invitees then you need to specify their phone numbers in the google calendar description and use utilities>extract phone number and then assign the numbers to ClickSend action.

Hi and thank you @robschmidt 

On the second part, how do you extract the phone numbers - see below step where I’m not sure how to do this. (I just signed up for ClickSend) 

Action: You can use ClickSend to send out SMS easily. If you need to send SMS to the invitees then you need to specify their phone numbers in the google calendar description and use utilities>extract phone number and then assign the numbers to ClickSend action.

Hi @ShannonL , could you please provide a more detailed explination of how to extract phone numbers? perhaphs some images to show where we can set it up in our zap?  I could not find utilities>extract phone number.