Best answer

How to trigger completed jobs from Service Titan?

Userlevel 1

Hi! My company is new to Zapier and we are trying to set up a sub zap process and are having difficulty doing so. Our desired outcome is: 

When a new job is booked a zap is sent out to scan in necessary documents. Once this task is completed in the Task Management portion of ServiceTitan we want two zaps to go out to two different people to do the next steps in our work flow process.

We cannot use the delay option in Zapier because all of the jobs scheduled are for different periods of time.

Is this possible and how would we set this up?

Thank you for any help provided!

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 August 2023, 18:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kcarlson 

Good question.

Might be best to try to outline and organize your desired steps into this format in order for us to have more context, evaluate, and advise, thanks.

Available Zap triggers/actions for ServiceTitan: https://zapier.com/apps/servicetitan/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: [APP] - [EVENT]
  2. Action: [APP] - [EVENT]
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kcarlson 

I find it best to break these types of flows into multiple zaps. 

Zap 1: When a new job is booked a zap is sent out to scan in necessary documents

Zap 2: Once a task is completed in the Task Management portion of ServiceTitan send two zaps to go out to two different people to do the next steps in our work flow process.

However, it doesn’t look like ServiceTitan currently has a trigger in Zapier for a completed task. You could have some manual process to dictate when the second zap needs to fire. Perhaps something like a google form someone would fill out when its time to trigger the second zap. Or you could try using approval by Zapier to delay the zap until its approved to continue (when the task is completed). Both of these work arounds require some level of manual effort. If you want a completely automated solution, consider reaching out to an expert to have something custom built for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @kcarlson! Great question!
I took a quick peek and as @GetUWired mentions, ServiceTitan doesn’t have a trigger for “Completed Jobs” at the moment. That said, it does appear there’s an open feature request that I’ve gone ahead and added you to! While we don’t have estimated time frame on when or if this will get implemented we’ll be sure to keep you and the thread updated if it does. 

In the meantime, GetUWired had a few recommendations to consider, depending on your comfort level: 

I find it best to break these types of flows into multiple zaps. 

Zap 1: When a new job is booked a zap is sent out to scan in necessary documents

Zap 2: Once a task is completed in the Task Management portion of ServiceTitan send two zaps to go out to two different people to do the next steps in our work flow process.

However, it doesn’t look like ServiceTitan currently has a trigger in Zapier for a completed task. You could have some manual process to dictate when the second zap needs to fire. Perhaps something like a google form someone would fill out when its time to trigger the second zap. Or you could try using approval by Zapier to delay the zap until its approved to continue (when the task is completed). Both of these work arounds require some level of manual effort. If you want a completely automated solution, consider reaching out to an expert to have something custom built for you: https://zapier.com/experts 

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

Just popping by here with a quick update to say that the feature request was closed this week, as it is now possible to trigger on completed jobs using the existing Job trigger for ServiceTitan. 😁🎉

Happy Zapping! ⚡