Skip to main content

Hello Zapier Community,

I need to set up a workflow where new files added to multiple Google Drive accounts trigger the same action in Zapier. Specifically, I want a Zap to run whenever a new file is uploaded to a folder in any of these Google Drive accounts. Currently, I have a Zap that works when manually triggered, but I'm looking for a solution that can automatically trigger from multiple accounts.

I understand that Zapier doesn't natively support monitoring multiple accounts in a single Zap. What are some best practices or workarounds for achieving this functionality? Here are some options I've considered:

1. Creating Multiple Zaps: Setting up individual Zaps for each Google Drive account, all pointing to the same webhook or action. Is this the most efficient approach?
  2. Using a Shared Folder: Creating a shared folder accessible by all relevant accounts and monitoring this single folder. Are there any limitations or potential issues with this method?
  3. Google Apps Script Integration: Writing a Google Apps Script to monitor multiple accounts and send a webhook when a new file is detected. How complex would this implementation be, and are there any recommended resources for this approach?

Any advice, best practices, or alternative solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,

Mark Reith

Hi Mark,

Here are streamlined options for triggering Zaps on new files across multiple Google Drive accounts:

1. Multiple Zaps: Create individual Zaps for each Google Drive account. Simple setup but can be cumbersome to manage with many accounts.

2. Shared Folder: Monitor a shared folder accessible by all accounts. Centralized approach but requires consistent folder use.

3. Google Apps Script: Use Apps Script for custom automation across accounts. Requires coding but offers scalability.

Choose based on your account volume and preference for simplicity versus automation. Hope this helps!

Hi there @Mark Reith,

It would be more efficient to use a shared folder. Just ensure that you are the owner of the folder for the Zap to trigger.

More about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397-Common-Problems-with-Google-Drive#01H7Z2DX5MZJGSN13FH8R2KDZ7

Hopefully, this helps!