Skip to main content
Best answer

How to transfer shipping price from Shopify to Xero?

• 24 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am trying to copy sales invoices across from Shopify to Xero. I have nearly got it to work, the only part I am struggling to transfer to Xero is the shipping cost. There is ‘shipping line’ fields on Zapier, but I cannot get this to display as a separate line on the Xero invoice. 

I’ve attached screenshots of the zapier screen and how the invoice is displaying on Xero. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks, Ben

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ben.ewart 

In the Xero step if this is a line items section, then the data passed to these fields would be to be formatted as an array of items when there are multiple items.

Help article to reference about using line items in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, thank you for your fast reply. So for line items to work it has to be a ‘line item’ attribute? 

From the image above ‘Shipping Lines Title’ is not a line item attribute, but ‘Line Items Name’ is?

Thanks, Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ben.ewart

The Item Code expects a value in the dropdown list.

Help article to reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FBEAKK4ZZP678QDE9T

For Unit Price, you have 2 values mapped.

e.g. that would create a value of 3.991.91 which is not a valid value.

You would need to use a different variable that is the desired SUM or use another Zap step to SUM those numbers.

Same for Description.

The 2 mapped variables will create a concatenated value.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help with this, I have added another step to add shipping to the existing sales invoice. I’m puzzled on ‘invoice type must be specified’ error, I cannot see a box to input the invoice type 

These are the action boxes 

Thank you for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ben.ewart 

Check the Invoice field.

The Invoice field may expect the internal Invoice ID, which may be different than the Invoice Number.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much, just got it to work! It required the internal invoice number like you sad, appreciate your help and patience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @ben.ewart! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️