Best answer

How to sync Read-Only events from Google Calendar?

• 25 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have created an integration between Google Calendar and Notion, and it’s a live saver! 

However, I don’t know if there is an option to sync read-only calendars such as Birthday calendar automatically created, or a subscribed calendar as they are not dynamic.

Meanwhile, I’ve got an error for each Zap run as they are “no events”. 

Thanks for the help!

Ariel

icon

Best answer by jesse 25 July 2022, 22:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ArielTo! I just did some testing with my own Google Calendar connection using the “Event Start” trigger and was able to access events on a read-only calendar I was invited to as well as one I subscribed to. 

I see you wrote into support about this and that you’re subscribed to a sports schedule calendar and because the schedule is already fixed, there are no changes/updates to trigger your Zap.

I am going to copy/paste relevant parts of their response to you for anyone following along that is running into a similar issue:

It looks like there's no way to add or update events in this kind of calendar since you we don't have the correct permissions. Using this calendar will not be possible since we're using the "New or Updated Event" trigger.

Workaround: This may require time to complete. We could create a personal calendar in your Google Calendar account and manually copy the events one by one (to trigger your Zap). This is the only option for calendars we don't have "write" permissions for.