Skip to main content

Hi All, 

I am struggling to figure out the last piece of the puzzle with my Zap. I am trying to create a zap that creates a new trello card each time a new row (or batch of rows) are added to a google sheet worksheet. 

The Google worksheet has 12 columns that need to correspond with 12 associated custom fields in a Trello card. Where it gets complex (I think) is in two problem areas: 

1. I would like the same color-coded text labels in Google Sheets to automatically create the same/corresponding label (same text AND color) in Trello. I.e., “needs editing” is a red label in google sheets, so I’d like it to be “needs editing” in red in Trello too. Worth mentioning that I’ve already created the labels in both sheets and Trello...they’re just not able to match when I test the Zap. I’ve tried the ‘add label to Trello card’ action with no luck. 

2. In the Google Sheet, some columns are drop-down lists like yes or no...or “needs editing” / “for review.” How do I structure my Zap to automatically match the drop down menu selection in Sheets to the corresponding drop-down menu in Trello? 

​​​​Any and all help is deeply appreciated!!

Hi @Kharrisv 

If you are using the Add Label to Card Zap action, then you will need to use the Label internal ID.

Help article about using dynamic variables for dropdown field values: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Hi Troy — what about other items in the Google sheet that are drop-down items that need to correspond with the drop-down menu in the associated Trello card? For instance, for a yes and no drop down in Google Sheets, how would I set that up in Zap to also select the same thing in the trello drop down? 

@Kharrisv 

Same concept.

Dropdown fields expect the internal ID value for an option.

Reference this help article for guidance:

Help article about using dynamic variables for dropdown field values: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Hi @Kharrisv,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.