Best answer

How to sync Jira statuses to Salesforce and vice versa

• 13 December 2021
  • 13 replies

I’m syncing the Salesforce Opportunity into a Jira Epic, mostly the workflow statuses for both are the same. In case there is a demand to change the statuses in workflows to be equal I can make that change, (but I would rather keep the modified Jira workflow as I have automations based on it).

Priority 1: How do I create a Zap to sync the change in Jira Epic to reflect the status change in Salesforce.

Priority 2: Make bi-directional status changes=>in addition to Priority 1 change the Salesforce status change in Jira Epic.

Hope this is possible with Zapier.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 December 2021, 17:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @J M 

FYI: Zapier is not mean for 2-way syncing: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Hi @J M 

FYI: Zapier is not mean for 2-way syncing: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Ok what about having two zaps for doing the job?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M 

2 Zaps could possible create an infinite loop as described in the help article, where 1 Zap’s action is the other Zap’s trigger.

@J M

2 Zaps could possible create an infinite loop as described in the help article, where 1 Zap’s action is the other Zap’s trigger.

@Troy Tessalone thanks for your reply, this makes sense. What about my Priority 1 question? Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M 

Jira Cloud Zap app integration only has these triggers available:

@J M

Jira Cloud Zap app integration only has these triggers available:

So, when the Jira issue status is updated I would like the SF status to be updated as well. What are the steps I need to choose to make sure this works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M 

Salesforce has these Zap app actions available:

@J M

Salesforce has these Zap app actions available:

@Troy Tessalone your messages sound like you are a bot. 

Please reply further with steps to resolve the priority 1, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M 

Have you tried configuring and testing the Zap yourself?

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are currently configured.

@J M

Have you tried configuring and testing the Zap yourself?

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are currently configured.

Salesforce Statuses​​
Jira Epic Statuses

1. Updated Issue in Jira Software Cloud

2. Find Record in Salesforce

3. Update Record in Salesforce

Step 3 is the one that is confusing me, I need help to change the Stage field in SF according to the Status change in Jira

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M

In Step 3, this needs to be the found Salesforce Object Record ID from Step 2.

For the Stage, make sure to check the existing dropdown for the valid list of standardized options.

The expected value is the smaller gray value seen underneath each friendly name option.

You may need to use a Lookup Table to do data translations: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

@J M

In Step 3, this needs to be the found Salesforce Object Record ID from Step 2.

For the Stage, make sure to check the existing dropdown for the valid list of standardized options.

The expected value is the smaller gray value seen underneath each friendly name option.

You may need to use a Lookup Table to do data translations: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

@Troy Tessalone Hello, thanks for this reply, this looks like a step forward in this question. But I’m stuck on creating a Lookup Table. I have no clue how it should be set up to make sure the statuses will be cross referenced. Any insight?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@J M

In the Lookup Table, you’ll have to specify all the possible input values and their desired output values, which can be a manual process to scrape these values together.

If it’s a large list, then you can use a GSheet instead (Lookup Row).