Question

How to sync Humanitix event attendee data to a Google Sheet with correct field mapping?

• 29 August 2023
  • 13 replies

I’m trying to automate downloading the Humanitix.com detailed attendee report to a google sheet.   The problem I’m having is that the field names in the Attendee report, and the field names that Zapier is assigning are completely different, and I can’t figure out how to map them so I know what headers to create in the Google Sheet.

Has anyone had any success in syncing Humanitix event attendee data to a Google Sheet using Zapier?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fsg 

Good question.

For us to have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with specific data examples.

SO I’ve included two screen shots.  The first is the fields I’ve been able to map so far, the second screenshot shows Zapier Identifying fields that don’t exist in the CSV download from Humanitix.  Also there are some fields (Such as Seat location) that I can’t figure out which of the fields Zapier is identifying how to map.

There are also fields that are kind of nonsensicle, as they appear to be not Attendee data, but Event configuration data.

Here’s the left side of the zap screen.

One more just for completeness

FYI these are the field names in the Humanitix Attendee Data.  Most of these are not appearing (at least with these names) in the Zap configuration.

Event
First name
Last name
Seating location
Ticket type
Package
Order id
Ticket no.
Order date & time
Timezone
Buyer first name
Buyer last name
Buyer mobile
Buyer email
Is there a name you'd like on your badge?
Email
Do you want to stay in a cabin, Tent, or RV or do you not need housing?
Do you wish to stay with a specific group?
Are you interested in volunteering for FSG?
Are you interesting in presenting at FSG?
Dietary requirements
Is there someone you wish to make sure you are in the same cabin with?
Do you need a cabin that is handicap accessible?
What is the name of your group"
Please upload a copy of your Covid Vaccination Record
Paid
Humanitix passed-on fees
Humanitix absorbed fees
Amex surcharge
Custom tax
Zip fee(absorbed)
Afterpay fee(absorbed)
Refunds
Fee rebate
Your earnings
Refunded fees
Discount code used
Discount redeemed
Tax on sales
Tax on booking fees
Gateway
Access code used
Checked in
Checked in date
Event date
Event time
QR code data

I’d send a list of the Zapier fields its identifying, but its more than 30K characters lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fsg 

We would need to see screenshots with the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step to help us have context.

Zap trigger: Humanitix - New Order

This will have info about the Order which is comprised of an Event and Attendee.

Here’s an example of the problem I’m having.  In the Humanitix order data, there’s a seat request (what table and seat do they want), when I download the CSV, It has this data in it.

When I look for “seat” in the Zap, here’s what I find:

Here’s an example of what the Humanitix CSV generates in the “seating” field.   I’ve replaced the actual values with {} for privacy.

{Group name} Cabin {Cabin Name} Seat {Bed Number}

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fsg 

Have you tried searching for the expected value to see if there are any matching data points with that value?

e.g. If the value you expect was 55, then search for 55.

Yup, searched on the phrase “cabin”. and instead of it giving me a field with a cabin assignment, it seems to give me a # associated with that cabin name. 

It really feels like instead of mapping attendee data, it’s mapping event data in some fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fsg 

You may want to try reaching out to Humanitix Support for guidance as they created and own their Zap app integration.

Is there any way I can just tell Zapier to export all data to a new sheet where it exports all fields and headers so I can see what the data looks like?  It seems like I have to select every individual field, and there are hundreds of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fsg

We would need to see screenshots to clarify what you mean by this: “It seems like I have to select every individual field, and there are hundreds of them.”

Humanitix created and owns their Zap app integration, so adjustments to the behavior would need to be implemented by them.