Best answer

How to sync completed tasks between Google Tasks and Microsoft ToDo

• 31 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I use Google Tasks as my main actions list. However some actions also come in via Microsoft ToDo. So I created successfully a zap that creates a new entry in Google Tasks, when an entry is created in Microsoft ToDo.

So far so good. 

Now I would like to delete or at least complete the actions in Microsoft ToDo once they are marked as completed in Google Tasks. How do I set up the zap? 

I am stucked because during setting up the zap I am asked to select a specific task. But this seems not suitable as I want it as a general rule. The tasks have the same title in both apps so it should work somehow, but I do not now how. 

I would appreciate your help! 

Best regards

Michaela

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 1 August 2022, 03:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MichaelaH 

Before you can use Complete Task in Microsoft ToDo you need to use another action to find the task and then map the task ID as a custom value in Complete Task action, like this:

Same for Google task as well, Find the task ID then map it to the next Google Task Update action.

Thank you so much @robschmidt ! It works perfectly fine now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! So glad to hear that, @MichaelaH! Thanks for letting us know what worked for ya. 🎉