Skip to main content

I am working on a Zap between a tool called Intercom and Slack. We have a live chat widget on our website that uses Interom to create “conversations.” I have built a Zap that sends those conversations to a Slack channel, and that is working. Now, I need to figure out how to get replies sent in Slack to feed back to the Intercom conversation. Intercom requires the “ID” of the conversation for this to work. I have built a Zap using a static “ID” of an existing conversation, and the replies are going back to that successfully. I am wondering how I can retrieve the “ID” of the conversation that is sent to Slack via the first Zap.

Is there a way to store the “ID” from the Intercom conversation in the first Zap as a variable that can be used in the second Zap? Or some other way to accomplish this? Happy to provide any additional details that would help. Thanks!

Hi @Foureyes 

Lookup Table resources:

Hi @Foureyes 

Lookup Table resources:

Thanks! I am experimenting with Storage now. I was able to use the “Get Value” function to retrieve the “ID” from the Intercom conversation in the first Zap, and then use that value in the second Zap. But that value is always overridden by the most recent “ID” so replies always go to the most recent conversation. I need a way to keep track of multiple “ID” values and then someway to tell the Zap which one to use when a reply comes in. 🤔 Perhaps Zapier Tables is the answer here? I just need to figure out which fields I require and how to use them.

@Foureyes 

Zapier Tables can be used as you can have multiple fields.