Question

How to split form submission into multiple rows on spreadsheet?

• 16 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

Right now I have a multi-page form created on tally.so. As it stands right now, each form submission corresponds to one row on a spreadsheet. However, each page is in the same format as the page before with the exact same questions, and it would be more helpful to think of each page as a separate entry rather than see them as one part of the same entry. I was hoping to be able to use Zapier to be able to restructure the data so that each new page becomes a new row on the form. 

I have spoken with customer support and they suggest using the Formatter to split the data at each page, but I am unsure how to do that. I have attached below my attempt to split pages one and two but the result is just that only page two gets added to the form and page one isn’t. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cbk 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step?

Can you outline which fields would need to be on separate rows?

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Here’s some screenshots (personal information redacted). I would want it to separate between

question_LZoEzp: Yes

question_pbZ0dB: Tiffany & Co.

In the version above I selected the wrong fields. I tested with the new fields, same issue.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cbk 

The attachments didn’t upload.

@Troy Tessalone 

My apologies. These should work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cbk 

Try adding multiple Zap action steps: GSheets - Create Row

Only map the desired fields from the Zap trigger step to each Zap action step.