Best answer

How to setup Zapier to transfer invoices automatically to Google Drive using a workspace group email (e.g., invoicing account)?

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

We’re trying to set up a flow between Gmail and Gdrive where attachments (i.e., invoices) are stored automatically. We’ve seen the video about how to set this up, however, this is based on an actual gmail account - not on a workspace group email. While setting up the connection, evidently Zapier does not recognize this account (invoice@….) because it’s not something you can log into similar to a regular gmail.

How can we set up the automated flow from our invoice@ workspace email? Any best practices here?

Best,

Fabian

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2024, 12:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Best approach probably is to create a shadow (gmail) account where everything gets forwarded to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Fabian1, welcome to the Community! 😁

I did some digging and you’re right. Group emails aren’t currently supported with the Gmail app on Zapier. But there is a feature request to add support for group emails so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises around when or if it would definitely get implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

For now, your idea of forwarding all emails sent to that group email address to a new Gmail account that’s connected to the Zap would likely be the best way to get around the limitation. 

If you run into any trouble setting up that workaround let me know - happy to help further! 🙂