Best answer

How to set up Zap to stream content from Twitch to YouTube?

• 26 February 2022
  • 2 replies

So I'm attempting to set up zap for streaming from twitch to YouTube, but I have no idea how to do that, I've already gotten the accounts connected but under the video file section for YouTube what am I supposed to do?

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2022, 11:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Seganevard:slight_smile:

Usually you’d need to select a video file object or publicly accessible link to the video file itself in order to be able to upload a video to YouTube. More on that here: Send files in Zaps

That said, are you looking to upload a live stream recording from Twitch over to YouTube when it ends? Or are you looking to create a live broadcast on YouTube when you start streaming on Twitch?

It doesn’t look like either of those workflows would be possible right now but we do have feature requests open for the ability to trigger a Zap when a live stream ends and the ability to create a live broadcast on YouTube. If you can confirm what the desired workflow is here I’d be happy to add your vote to the relevant feature request to help make that happen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also wanted to throw this out there, while the live stream doesn’t appear to be an option, I wonder if you might be able to achieve this through Twitch’s Video on Demand (VOD)? It’s a setting you’d need to turn but here’s a guide on how to do that. I hope this helps!