Skip to main content
Question

How to set up automation with Xero to record payments to suppliers and agents for a tour operator using Zapier?

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello ! 

I am hoping there is a ‘show and tell’ from another tour operator using Zaiper, on how to set this up correctly.

I am trying to set up automation with Xero to record all the payments paid out to suppliers and agents for each customers booking.

I am a small tour operator in Australia using Fareharbour, and receiving bookings from Tripadvisor, Viator, Getyourguide etc. So i pay a commision to the agent and also  the suppliers for experiences - such as crocodile river cruises etc

Id like to see how to configure all the information into Xero (or any other accounting software) ? using zaps, tables or however it needs to be configured. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Rasa,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

It looks like the Zap you've linked to us has been deleted. Could you please link me to the Zap in question so I can take a look and troubleshoot further?

Super happy to further assist so I’ll keep an eye out for your response and we’ll go from there!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Hi Ken, thanks for your speedy response. With regards to the Xero invoice being created from a new Fareharbour booking, the pricing is being transferred incorrectly it should be $365 and its being pulled from Fareharbour as $36500.00. (attached is the screenshot)

Also, would you happen to have a Zaiper set-up example of another tour operator company showcasing their zaps and integrations, to see what is possible, as a demonstration on how to set up the nuts and bolts of a standard tour operator business ?

Also, I saw there was an expert section on Zaiper , but now I cant loacte it…. Is there an expert to help with this ‘tour company set up’ process on Zaiper ? Thank you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Rasa,

Did this issue happened after you tested the Xero action step? If so, have you tried publishing the Zap and triggering the Zap while it’s published? Does the Zap still sends the wrong pricing?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Zap setup example of  another tour company showcasing their Zaps and integrations. You can reach out to one of our certified Zapier Experts to help you with the “Tour Company setup”.

You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts