Question

How to set up an automatic payment and notification for referral links in Mighty Networks via Zapier?

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I try to set up the following: When a member in Mighty Network invites a new member via a referral link, automatically trigger a payment via Stripe to the referring member's account. Additionally, notify the referring member via email about the successful referral. Is there a way to do so ? Because I tried this but mighty networks dont have the right trigger (memeber Joined via Affiliate link) Do u have an Idea?

​​​​​

I have also thought about trying the following zap:https://zapier.com/apps/affiliatly/integrations/mightynetworks.

However, you then have to connect an app, which I actually want to avoid. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with affiliate links in Mighty Networks? 

Thanks in advance 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @Yoann B.! 🎉

I took a look but couldn’t see any triggers that would allow you to only trigger a Zap for members that sign up via a referral link. So I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team to get a feature request opened to have that type of trigger added to the Mighty Networks app on Zapier. In the meantime, let’s see if we can figure out a workaround... 🤔

Is there any information that comes over from Mighty Networks when using the Member Action trigger that you could potentially use to identify that the members came via a referral link? Perhaps there’s a discount code or subscription name that’s specific to that referral link? In which case you could use a filter to only allow the Zap to continue for that type of signup. See our Add conditions to Zaps with filters guide to learn more about how to use filters.

Alternatively, do you get an email whenever someone signs up using a referral link? If so, and assuming that email contains all the necessary information for the sign up then perhaps you could use an app like Email Parser for the trigger instead. Then you could forward the emails to email parser, which would then parse out the information from the email into separate fields that you could use in subsequent actions of the Zap. You can find out more about that sort of approach here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any trouble on that do let me know!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, as you said, we can't create a direct connection between Mighty and Stripe because we don't have the necessary information in the link when members send a referral link. We will now arrange it differently, that we do the check out directly in Stripe and connect Stripe with more often favorite via another program.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for the update @Yoann B.. Glad to hear you were able to identify a possible solution by altering the existing process. 

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do keep us in the loop with how you get on with that.