Question

How to set up an action for Facebook Lead Ads w/ multiple choice question to my MailChimp?

• 9 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We are doing a giveaway in 4 cities in the US through Facebook Ads. We have added a drop down option in Facebook ads for them to choose out of the 4 cities listed that they live closest to. However, when I am in Zapier it’s not showing as a field to choose from. 

I need to separate these leads so that the 4 cities show in my MailChimp for future marketing efforts. Aka if someone is from Denver, I need them to be tagged through MailChimp as Denver with the drop down. 

We previously had 4 separate adds running so it was easy to automate. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CITY SHRED 

Good question.

Help articles related to using FB Lead Ads in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-lead-ads/help

The sample lead in my Zap doesn't have the custom fields from my form

If your form has never been used, a generic lead may be created with default fields. You can create a test that uses the actual fields from your form by using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool.

ratingStar icon Tip

If you've already used this tool to send a lead you'll have to delete that lead before you can submit another one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @CITY SHRED! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this up and running?

To add on to Troy’s recommendation, you’ll need to pull in a sample lead with these custom fields in order to be able to map them properly in setup.

The article Troy referenced has a step by step on how to use the tool - just scroll to the bottom of the page. 🙂

Keep us posted with how you’re getting along with this! 🤗