Best answer

How to set the email opt-in option for Facebook Lead Ads in Zapier to ensure contacts are marketable?

• 25 February 2024
  • 7 replies

How do I set the email optin option from facebook ad. The user is filling out a form and giving me the information so they are opting in but the contact is getting sent as non-marketable. I don’t see the option in the fields and the one opt in I am seeing does not seem to be the email one.  

The Email Opted IN and Email Status I can not find on the fields page.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 27 February 2024, 06:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TrainingMSP 

For us to have context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Step 2 Create Contact

These are the only fields I am populating. I do not see one that list the non-marketable field

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TrainingMSP 

Perhaps you can configure a Campaign in Keap to set the desired Contact fields.

I do not think so.  Keap is telling me that this field is comiing to them that way and they can not modify it. They told me to go to zapier but maybe I need to go to facebook. The confusing part is all other contacts are fine from zapier.  Website contacts etc.  It is just the facebook form one that is doing this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TrainingMSP,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Upon checking our internal reports, this is due to opt-in settings. Infusionsoft will assign an email address a Non-Marketable status if the Keap user has indicated that they do not have permission to send email marketing to contacts. More information in Infusionsoft's documentation here.

To fix this, please check your Zap's "Opt-In" field. Please switch it to "True" to indicate that you have permission to send emails to the contact.

Hopefully, this helps!

Assuming this is that setting? I have it set unless there is another one somewhere else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TrainingMSP,

That’s correct that should be the setting. However, have you tried changing the “Opt In” field to false? I have a hunch that users are given the option to opt-in, which prevents them from being tagged or added to your list when the “Opt In” field is true.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!