Question

How to set my action email to reply to the trigger email

• 20 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

When someone requests info on my site, an automated system sends it to them and I get copied in.

What I’m trying to set up a Zap so that when I get CC’d in that automated email, another email is triggered and sent from me.

The way that I’m setting it up in Zapier is that when New Email Matching Search in Gmail happens, the action is to send email in Gmail to the email address that received the email that I was CC’s into. 

The problem I’m having is I don’t know how to set the response email to go to the email address of the recipient in the trigger email.

I’ve tried selecting To emails: but it keeps sending it to the same email address that it’s pulling from the sample rather than sending it to the email address of the recipient of the trigger email

I’ve tried Reply To Email but it comes up with No data and nothing happens when I run the Zap. 

When I look for an explanation I get the following instructions: 

If you want your email to go to a different email address every time based on the data from a previous step, open the dropdown and select and email field from a previous step:

It then has an image of selecting Querystring Email

I don’t have that option appearing in the drop down.  

Any guidance would be really appreciated. 

Thanks for your help

Robert :-)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Robert ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry you are running into trouble here!

Could you share a screenshot of your configuration? Specifically the Action step where you can see the drop down. That will help us dig deeper and get you sorted!