How to separately move emails from Google Calendar event statuses to individual cells in Google Sheets with Zapier?

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Good morning community, perhaps it is a very simple question. I want to move all emails from a specific event in Google Calendar to Google Sheets with the corresponding status (I will attend, I will not attend or Maybe). The problem is that when I do the Zap, all the emails are placed in one cell and not separated each one. I used Formatter to separate them but all the emails still appear in some cells. Thank you very much community.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @UserSpain2024,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try using the Utilities in Formatter - Line item to Text function?

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Hi Ken! 

Thanks for the quick response. 

I've done what was suggested and on this occasion it has worked. However, every time a person "Accept, Decline or Tentative", it again replicates all contacts in google sheets. That is, if my guests are 150, every time one of them modify their "decision" it will again place the 150 guests with that change. 

What I require now is to keep the same guests (150) and modify their "decision" each time, without placing the others 150. When i generate the action "Create multiple rows" it does, but it should be "Create and Update multiple rows" (?).

Thanks for you help Ken!

Kind regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @UserSpain2024,

Thanks for giving that a try.

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thanks for getting back to me! Appreciate you trying this. 

As it turns out, the Google Sheets app integration does not support a Find or Create/Update Multiple Spreadsheet Rows in a single action event but it does support separate actions as mentioned. 

?name=image.png

I'm thinking of achieving this workflow you're going for using paths by Zapier but it may get a little complex and may not 100% work seamlessly, but may be worth a try. I have an outline below that you can build if you're keen. 

Step 1: Google Calendar: New or Updated Event trigger
Step 3: Formatter by Zapier
Step 4: Add a Pathy by Zapier 

• Path A (If Event is New)
    - Step 5: Google Sheets: Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows action
  • Path B (If Event is Updated)
    - Step 6: Google Sheets: Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (Output as Line Items) action
    - Step 7: Google Shets: Update Spreadsheet Row(s) action

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.