Question

How to send different SMS based on guest response to SMS?

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

This post was split from the topic: 

Hello! I am trying to do the same thing - 

Write a zap that sends a SMS using clicksend to a customer based on a google calendar event with date information. The SMS will ask guests to rate their stay between a 1 and 5. 5 being best and 1 worst. Wait for a reply. If guest selects 5, then a sms goes out asking guest to put a review on google. If the number is less than a 5, a sms goes to the guest asking them what we could have done better. If there is not date or it is in the past, skip the request and send an email to me with an error notice.

Help would be appreciated! Thank you. Bill

2 / 2

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MistyMtn! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your question out from that old topic into a new topic so we can address it separately here.

To achieve that sort of workflow you’d need to implement branching logic using paths or filters. I’d generally recommend using paths as it would allow you to send different messages based on different ratings received all in a single Zap. With filters, you’d need to set up separate Zaps for each rule condition you’re wanted to check for.

You can find out more about how to use branching logic in your Zaps here:

For the rule conditions that you’d need to set up in either paths or filters, it’s totally possible to check whether a rating is less than 5, 5 or no date value exists etc. You can find out more about the different rule conditions available here: Filter and path rules in Zaps

Hope that helps to get you started. If you run into any issues or have further questions just let us know!