Best answer

How to select the first post of a thread and copy it to a sheet so that I can give it to ChatGPT with another Zap?

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’m a medical researcher trying to create a zap for chatGPT and a medical forum for scientific purposes. 

Now, with a site scraper and Excel I created a list of links of different threads about the same topic.

I would like to run multiple conversations with ChatGPT, giving the same prompt and then the first post of a thread. I would repeat this process for each thread of the list.

Is it possible to select the first post of a thread and copy it in a sheet so that i can give it to ChatGPT with another zap?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 27 July 2023, 00:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Donf 

Good question.

We’ll need detailed screenshots to have a better understanding of the data you are trying to use and what you mean by “threads”.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, 

Thanks for helping!

Sorry maybe I am not using the word thread in the correct way. I am talking about a forum just like this one, full of posts (“threads” in the previous example). I have a list of link of these posts, of which I want to extract just the first message.

In this case for example, I would have:

1. A list of links, containing also the link of this post https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/how-do-i-select-the-first-post-of-a-list-of-threads-25850
  2. For each post I would like to extract the first message. In this case: 

Hi, 

I’m a medical researcher trying to create a zap for chatGPT and a medical forum for scientific purposes. 

Now, with a site scraper and Excel I created a list of links of different threads about the same topic.

I would like to run multiple conversations with ChatGPT, giving the same prompt and then the first post of a thread. I would repeat this process for each thread of the list.

Is it possible to select the first post of a thread and copy it in a sheet so that i can give it to ChatGPT with another zap?

Thanks in advance

Actually If possible I would like to catch also the first answer, in this case yours.

1. At this point I would create a zap triggered by google sheets (a post for each row) and executed by chat gpt. 
  2. With the same prompt (in this case: “You are a zapier assistant, please help users”), Chatgpt would receive the first message of each post and try to solve the problem
  3. At this point I should have a lot of answers of chatgpt on topics already answered by experts. 
  4. Lastly I would compare the actual reply of an expert with the reply of chatgpt.

In the actual work:

• the list of links is this 
  • Each link opens a different post (previously named “thread”) like this;
First message
First reply by expert
Other replies to be avoided 

I sincerely hope that I've managed to make myself clear; please be patient, as English is not my native language.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

You could try using an app like Quick Scraper, webautomation.io, or ParseHub for that purpose

Userlevel 1

Thanks for helping. It is exactly what I was looking for!