Question

How to select multiple option in the Freshsales dropdown

Badge

We are integrating the Freshsales app with Zapier. In Freshales, they supports the multi-select dropdown. We have gone through your documentation there is no topic about multi-select dropdown. Is there any possible way to implement this? if it’s possible, please share some example codes and documentation.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nagamanickam 

IF FreshSales supports the multi select in this particular field, you would need to use Custom when choosing the value and type the value (probably comma separated). If the value is coming from a previous step, then you can just map the value (comma separated) into this field. 

Let me know if this helps. 

ok

Badge

Hi @MohSwellam 

Thank you for your answer.

But in our case users never know the choices with respect to the particular field. so how do we let users know?

thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nagamanickam ,

Can you please explain your setup more? What is the trigger in this Zap for example? Screenshots would be a plus

Badge

Hi @MohSwellam 

In the dynamic dropdown, choices are shown in the image below. here we can map data from the API call.

But if we choose custom it’s shown in the image below. all these data showings from the trigger. how can we map data here as in the above image? 

can you help us with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nagamanickam

To pass a custom value for a dynamic dropdown, you need to pass the values shown in grey. So Ajmal Khan would be 17000092373. Since these values aren’t known from the trigger step you would need to use a look up table or code to determine them  https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496305146765-Create-lookup-tables-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nagamanickam , 

Since the trigger is an email, it would be a little bit harder to do (but not impossible). 

From what I see in the 1st screenshot (as @GetUWired mentioned), Freshsales would be expecting the ID of the Sales Owner rather than the name, and Im guessing in the email you are receiving the name? 

So, are those names static in Freshsales or are they users that you add frequently? In case they are static then you would use the Look Up table as mentioned. In case they are dynamic (changing frequently) then you need to know first where those names are coming from. 

A more elaborate explanation for the workflow would be needed for us to help you more

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nagamanickam!

@MohSwellam and @GetUWired are definitely on the right track. You can use Formatter by Zapier to create a Lookup table to match the name of the person (as it appears in the email) to the ID that FreshSales needs. You would then use that ID as the custom value in the Freshdesk action. 

Do you think that will work for you? If you have any other questions or aren’t sure how to set up the Lookup table, let us know! And as Moh said, please share some more details about the names/IDs so we can give you the solution that will work best for you. 

Thanks!

Badge

Hi @MohSwellam @GetUWired @Danvers 

Thank you for your answer!

Here I would like to explain my use case and the problem I am facing, I am integrating Freshsales with Zapier, Freshsales has two dropdowns those are User can choose only one value in the Dropdown, and the User can choose multiple values, in the Multi-select dropdown. In the user-facing Zap editor for Dropdown, it’s working as expected, When coming to Multi-select it’s just showing like a normal input box as below in the image.

Here how can we implement a Multi-select Dropdown?

Also, regarding this “lookup table” step mentioned by @GetUWired, users have to do it themselves so this will be difficult for them.

For example, assume that I am using the lookup table if my trigger doesn’t have the dropdown choices, how can I add data to the lookup table?

Please let me know answers like, the user can do this within the trigger and actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nagamanickam ,

Im a bit lost one this multi select part. So its a multi select BUT its expecting the ID not the Name? Can you click on this field and show us the options you have ? (not the Custom tab though) 

Badge

Hi @MohSwellam,

Multiselect will accept both id and Name.

This screenshot is taken from the Freshsales portal.

and below screenshot is taken from Zapier user-facing Zap

This not showing the options

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

and below screenshot is taken from Zapier user-facing Zap

This not showing the options

So if you click here inside that box doesn't display anything? 

Badge

Yes it doesn't display anything in the dropdown 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmmm that is weird. For testing purposes try typing “c1, c2” in this field and test it. IF it works, then you can use the Custom option to map the dynamic values. 

Badge

Hmmm that is weird. For testing purposes try typing “c1, c2” in this field and test it. IF it works, then you can use the Custom option to map the dynamic values. 

Yes, it works if type values are comma-separated, but this is not showing the custom option it’s only showing the data from the triggers as below in the image.

Even If I use custom, it also takes data from the trigger so how can map the options with respect to this field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

the app won't show the available options, some apps do. many apps dont (like Airtable for example).

In this case you can only type the value you want (in case you want it a static value that doesn't change). But if you want it a dynamic value that changes then you need to select from these options you have. 

Since they do not provide the options here, it surely means they accept the name of the option not the id AND PROBABLY will create the value if it doesn't exist (comma separated values will be treated as 2 separate values). 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nagamanickam!

How are you getting on with this Zap? Do you still need some help with what to put in the Multiselect dropdown field? If you do have some more questions, could you describe how you want to decide which option to use (ie c1 or c2) and we can try and help you find a way to set that up. Thanks!