Best answer

How to search only within a specific campaign for campaign members

• 15 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a zap that updates a Salesforce campaign member status when a person attends an event in GoToWebinar. Currently, I’m using email to match the GoToWebinar attendee record with the Salesforce campaign member record. This works fine, except in the case where the same person attends multiple GoToWebinar events and therefore has a campaign member record for multiple campaigns in Salesforce. When that happens, the zap is locating the first campaign member record with the correct email address, regardless of whether that’s the campaign member for the correct event.

I basically need a way to search for a campaign member record (using email as the search criteria), but only within a specific campaign that I define. I’m able to use a “find records” step to find the right campaign and another “find records” step to search for campaign members based on email, but I am unable to get the two to talk to each other. I need to search for campaign members only within the pre-defined campaign.

Help!!

Thank you,

Suzy

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 October 2020, 16:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this Action for Salesforce:

Find Record by Query

Finds a record of a Salesforce object using a Salesforce Object Query (SOQL) WHERE clause.

Article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/tips-and-tricks-salesforce-triggers-and-actions#using-the-find-object-by-query-search