Best answer

How to schedule to execute a custom query

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to schedule once a week to execute a stored procedure -  custom query - in MS SQL. By using the Schedule by Zapier, after adding the MS SQL, it only gives option for inserting lines, but not for executing a procedure.

What is the easiest way for doing that?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 24 February 2023, 01:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bruncher!

I checked our feature requests for MS SQL and found with the following description:

Customer would like to be able to return rows using a custom SQL query with line item support (so they can write all those returned rows to a Google Sheet).

Is that what you’re looking to do (not necessarily the Google Sheets part, but the rest of it)?

Hi @nicksimard. Yes, pretty much. That means we'll have to use a third-party scheduler outside zapier and then start the zap with a MS SQL. It will only find new roles at the specific date that we setup at the third-party scheduler. Hope they speed up this improvement.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bruncher!

I’ve added your vote to that feature request :) You’ll be notified via email if/when that gets implemented. I can’t provide any sort of timeline, I’m afraid.