Best answer

How to save an email attachment to OneDrive

• 16 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I have setup a simple ZAP that when you send an email to XXX.4yxjzf@zapiermail.com it should take the attached file Stocklist.pdf and save it into my OneDrive folder. Currently it generates a text file and puts the name of the attachment inside that text file instead of saving the actual attachment to OneDrive. IT also calls the text file “Stocklist.pd… .txt” I’m not sure where the text part is coming from. I haven’t set the file to be renamed, I have left that part blank. 

Anyone know what is causing this? I’ve recreated the zap and still can’t get it to work. When I played around with this a few weeks ago it was working fine. I don’t understand what's changed.

Any ideas appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Paolo 7 July 2021, 09:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@coatsy35 

Which field are you mapping from the trigger step. It should be: Attachement (file exists but not show)

If you’ve got this correctly mapped, let us know and we can troubleshoot some more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @coatsy35 

Providing screenshots of how your Zap step is  configured would be helpful for us to troubleshoot as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @coatsy35, just checking in to see if you were able to solve the issue attaching the file to OneDrive? 

Based on how you’ve described the output file on Onedrive, it sounds like the filename field got mapped to the Onedrive field instead of the actual file field. The Zap is reading the filename as a text file and uploading it as such to Onedrive.

Mapping out the Attachment (file exists but not shown) should help upload the actual file attachment:

Give that a try and let us know if you need further help.