Skip to main content

I exported data from other system as CSV then imported to Zapier table. A few hundreds rows.

I'd like to do some action for each row. But while creating a Zap, I have to choose event like when a row is added/updated. I cannot create a loop to iterate all rows.

My current workaround is to create a new column in Button type. Then create a zap when the button is clicked, do something based on the value of other columns. But I have to click the button a hundred of times 😑!!

Is there a better way to automate this?

Also Zapier table filter is a bit too simply, only AND condition, no NOT or OR. The zap also only works with Table not View.

Call for ideas how to automate this (take actions for each rows, without editing them or reimporting data)

Hi @jove 

Try using these Zap steps:

• Action: Zapier Tables - Find Records
    • MAX of 1k
    • Make sure all the Zapier Table records have a common lookup value to search by
  • Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
    • MAX of 500 iterations

Thanks, Troy. Two more questions:

• How to trigger this? I guess one workaround is to set a monthly trigger. But I prefer a one time thing. Do I have to click a new table with a button.
  • If there are there are more than 500 rows in the table, how to iterate?

@jove 

Zap trigger options:

I recommend doing a test on a small subset before trying to do more. (e.g. 3-5)

For the lookup field being used, make sure the records have the same value.

Change the lookup field value to make sure there are batches smaller than 500.

Thanks for the tips. I will try next time. I already clicked the Action Button in my Table a hundred time today..

Thanks for providing a solution @Troy Tessalone

My zap uses Excel. Is this also doable with Excel? I can see a ‘find row’ action but not one that outputs as line items like Zapier Tables above. 

Hi @Ed M 

GSheets, Airtable, Zapier Tables have better options for finding multiple rows than Excel.