Question

How to rotate weekly messages from a Notion database to a Slack channel using Zapier?

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I would like to connect a database on Notion to a slack channel in order to send weekly messages based on information gather on the Notion database.
But I would like that the information sent change each week, meaning once the first line on my database which gather information for a message has been sent, the week after the information sent on Slack are based on line 2, etc… each week.

I would like to avoid to send each week the same information on my Slack channel.

How can I implement this please ?

Thank you very much for your help !

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thomas.suquet 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with examples of the date that you were trying to use from Notion and how it should be formatted in Slack.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

For sure.
So as you will see on the screenshot enclosed, I created a table with several columns on Notion.
Each line of this database gather all the information needed to send each week a message on a dedicated Slack channel.
So on my side, I know how to implement an automatisation to send Slack notification each week based on this Notion table. I know also how to customize the message sent.
But what I don’t know is how to implement a rule which will send a different line (so a different message) each week.
To resume, once the first line of my table has been sent in a slack message, how can I ensure that the second line of my table is taken into account the following week? etc…

Thank you very much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thomas.suquet 

Seems like you’ll need to add a lookup field to use in the Zap, such as a Date.

Zap trigger: Schedule

Each time the Zap runs it would be configured to find the matching row. (e.g. date = today)