Question

How to rotate contact numbers for SMS and calls using Twilio in Zapier based on on-call schedule?

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Is the workflow I am trying to achieve possible? This is what I have currently, which works, however instead of always texting or calling the same numbers. I need them to rotate (via contact list maybe?) based on who is on call.  I am using twilio for sms and calling.

Ideal workflow:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I came up with this, after thinking about it. 

I am not sure it iwll work tho

Or would this be possible? 

I just don’t know how to get zapier to find records then use those number to text and call with twilio automatically upon a new zapier email

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jeaqnfoi2ko,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied Friday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

You could do this with tables perhaps?

If you were to build out a calendar which shows who is on call each day you could then query that in your Zaps to find who is on call?

Or perhaps you already have that in another app like Google Calendar for example?

This is perhaps a more relevant guide (although it uses a different app)

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.