Best answer

How to restore a previous zap version?

• 15 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I was exploring 1 zap and by mistake after I click on the field Choose app & event (as per below screenshot), I selected another type (Acuity) which completely replaced the previous setting. I have no idea what was selected before so I can’t redesign the zap again.

And Zapier is built in a way that

1. It automatically save any changes (no save button :S UX?)
  2. There is no way to revert the change you made just 1 sec ago

What are the options to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 May 2021, 10:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Become 

One way to determine what the step and settings were is to check the Zap Runs history details: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Try to find a Zap that was triggered before you made the change.

Userlevel 1

Yes, that’s actually what I did but I couldn’t match exactly the fields displayed under the zap history > Data in vs the section trigger upon editing the zap. We can still more or less guess which one but is there a way to find the exact match?

That is still a good tip though, thanks again.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Become,

As Troy mention, the Zap History is your best bet here. There isn’t currently a way to undo changes or revert to a previous version of the Zap. That’s a great idea though, so I’ve submitted this to the team for consideration! 

That said, if you click on the Data Out tab when viewing the Zap run it should give you some more details, like the name of the Bot and the message text, which may be more useful in recreating the previous setup.

Hope that helps!