Best answer

How to reply in Slack thread based on a previous bot response?

• 4 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m currently using Halp at the moment to manage support tickets. Once tickets are created, they’re sent to a private channel with some info about their inquiry with several fields in a form they must answer. The bot then creates a thread under the message sent into the channel that I respond to. 

Unfortunately, the request info in the form the user submits is not accessible to the submitter after submission. I as an agent however, can see it just fine. I’m looking to create a zap that parrots that information back into the thread, so the user can see what information they submitted.

Here’s my current zap:

Trigger:

When a message is created in the channel (since only the Halp bot sends messages directly in the channel and all responses are in threads, which are not eligible for responses)

Actions:

1. Check if its a thread or not using formatter, such that Ts = Thread Ts
  2. If it’s not a thread then…
  3. Post info to Thread: Thread Ts

Nothing currently posts at the moment (1 and 2 both clear according to the testing). Any help/suggestions?

Edit: It looks like it won’t send messages because the way Halp works is that it creates a mostly empty message and edits/fills in the info dynamically. As in, when the message is created, there’s nothing to parrot because its empty. Gonna add a delay function.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2021, 10:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JohnDoe12345 ,

Thanks for reaching out and for the update! Did adding a delay do the trick here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just following up here to add that in cases where a Zap triggers before all information has been captured, a Delay action is often helpful but you’ll likely also want to follow up that with a search action. This allows the Zap to check back on the item that triggered the Zap a few minutes later, to see if we’re then able to see the information that was missing from it previously.

You can find out more about working with Delay and search steps at the following links:

Add delays to Zaps
Search for existing data in Zaps 

Hope this is information is helpful :)