Best answer

How to replace Deprecated "Create Task" Action in Asana?

• 23 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know what replaces the “Create Task” Action from Asana in a Zap.   That action says its deprecated and I need to “consider a different event”.   Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 27 May 2024, 08:24

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tBowling 

There is a newer version of the Asana Create Task Zap action.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy - Sorry to be obvious, but how do you replace the existing deprecated one with the new one?  I am a beginner.  Thanks for any advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tBowling,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Here’s how you can replace the deprecated version of the action step.

1. Go to the desired step.
  2. Click on the “App & Event” tab
  3. Click on the “Event” drop down.
  4. Select the non-deprecated version of the event action step.
    65a9f6b11ef804ddc29e2e9450e0b8ba.png
    (view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the answer!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @tBowling! Glad to hear I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

We have the same problem today when our Create event action for Asana is showing “depricated”. While I understand from this thread we would need to select the new “Create Event” option that appears to then require us to re-write all of the other inputs which would be a huge task!! Any alternatives?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kelvin,

Unfortunately, you will need to remap all of the fields when replacing the deprecated action, as the mapped fields will not carry over to the non-deprecated action.

I have submitted this valuable feedback to our internal database which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier.

I hope this information is helpful.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response which is very dissappointing. For our understanding what causes an action to be “deprecated”?

We have in excess of 50 caps we have to fully re-write

Kelvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kelvin,

If an app has a Deprecated label showing in the Zap editor, this means the app version you are using has reached the deprecation date and you need to manually update their Zap.

You can learn more about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496295729421-What-are-legacy-and-deprecated-apps

Hopefully, this helps.