Question

How to remove or filter out emojis from Facebook Lead Ads

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Does anyone have a solution for filtering out emojis from First and/or Last Name fields for Facebook leads? I believe our Facebook Ads are setup where the First and Last Name fields are prefilled off of their Facebook account but I am not too sure since I don’t manage those. Regardless, I’m more or less curious to see if anyone else has or had this problem since I’m not seeing any other questions regarding Facebook and the ability to remove emojis with filters or another action.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RyanA 

Good question.

Are you getting data from Facebook Lead Ads that contains emojis OR are you just curious overall?

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

We are receiving data from Facebook Lead Ads where the First and/or Last Name contains emojis (most don’t but some do) and right now I’m just manually update them in our CRM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RyanA 

Can you show examples of the Zap data that comes thru that includes the emojis?

Do emojis comes thru with the underlying character code representation or the visual representation?

You may have to use regex (regular express) or custom Code step to handle.

@Troy Tessalone 

Attached is what was in one of the Zap Run Details; we get the visual representation of the emoji.

I can’t say I’ve worked with regex but I can do some research on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RyanA 

You may want to try to use some regex to extract just letters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @RyanA! I wanted to check-in and see if you were able to get this sorted using some of the recommendations Troy had? 

Let us know. 🤗