Question

How to recover the payment exchange rate from stripe EUR to HKD?

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

The client pay in EUR, Stripe convert the EUR in HKD to make the payment in my Bank account in Stripe HKD and it indicate the exchange rate on the payment in Sripe. I created ZAP to generate one invoice in XERO (in EUR). To mark it paid in XERO, I need to enter the FX rate used by stripe when it convert the EUR in HKD .  I didn’t find a way to recoer this FX rate used by stripe in Zapier. Thank you for your help!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @techfundssniper! 🙂

The New Payment (Stripe) trigger is able to supply the exchange rate, but I can’t see a field in the Create Sales Invoice (Xero) action where you would be able to record the exchange rate that was used. And I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for the ability to be able to add the exchange rate used to Xero invoices, so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to have one created on your behalf. You can do that using the contact form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, it looks like Xero’s API is able to specify the CurrencyRate so you may want to try using Xero’s API Request (Beta) action to create the invoice instead. It’s a bit more advanced than using the existing Create Sales Invoice action as you’d need to reference Xero’s API documentation in order to set up the request correctly (see: Xero Accounting API > POST Invoices). Check out our Set up an API request action guide for more details.

Hope that helps. If you give that API Request action a try and run into any trouble just let me know - happy to help further!